- Day 1º. COUNTRY OF ORIGIN - SAN JOSE - Meet and greet at Juan Santamaria airport private transfer to your Hotel in San Jose.
- Día 2°. TOUR TO DOKA / GRECIA / SARCHÍ - Breakfast, The Doka-Grecia and Sarchi tour is a relaxing yet very enjoyable tour in which you will learn about our history and traditions. Also a great opportunity to get some coffee and souvenirs to take back home.
First we will go to Doka Coffee Estate, where we will have a coffee tour in an actual coffee plantation where we will learn the ancient techniques used by the experts to produce some of the best coffee in Costa Rica and around the world.
The careful process involved in the cultivation, harvesting and roasting of the Golden Bean will then be illustrated, very hands-on, and then we will savor the delectable product. After the coffee tour we will enjoy a Costa Rican lunch buffet.
Then we will continue to Grecia, a very typical and traditional town, where we will admire the metal church, a building that has a rare architecture, with high ceilings, ornate stained glass windows, and classical lines. Next we will visit the town of Sarchi, known as the birthplace of Costa Rica’s Artisans. In Sarchi, you will be able to appreciate many of the art crafts and souvenirs that Costa Rica has to offer, as we visit a factory and souvenir shop managed by the local artists. Also you will see the world’s largest ox cart according to the Guinness Book.
The cart is 2 stories high, nearly 45 feet long (14 meters) and weighs 4400 lbs. (2 tons), and took 70 days to complete. Made out of wood (cedar) and decorated with bright colors, designed based on our typical and traditional oxcarts.
- Día 3°. TOUR TO VALLE OROSÍ & JARDÍN BOTANICO LANKESTER - Breakfast, he tour will begin with us trekking south along the Panamerican Highway until we reach the base of the behemoth “Iztaru” (a name of an indigenous village that was situated on the flanks of the volcano, and a likely candidate as a possible origin for the current name of the Irazu Volcano).
The winding road traverses fertile lands in which all types and forms of vegetation are cultivated, all the while affording us a spectacular panoramic view of the surrounding hills and valleys. And, at the very top of the summit, on a clear day, one can be privy to an unforgettable bird’s eye view of both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.
As we descend to the city of Cartago we will stop at the Virgin of the Angels Basilica – a famous peregrination site for many believers, some of which travel for days or even weeks on foot, in a pilgrimage of faith, to the site. The Basilica has large vaulted ceilings and exquisite examples of stained glass windows, and is a must see.
Next, after we visit the Basilica we will stop at the Lankester Gardens, a University of Costa Rica Center for investigation that protects more than 800 species of orchids, bromeliads and countless species of other plants.
Then, we will continue to the Valley of Orosi, an area that overflows with unparalleled beauty. We will be able to visit one of the few remaining colonial churches and we will stop to enjoy a tasty typical lunch at one of the local restaurants.
- Día 4 °. SAN LUIS CANOPY - Breakfast, Carried securely by a system of zip lines, you will soar weightlessly through the expanse of virgin forest that grounds the tour, and find yourself in intimacy with the habitats of Costa Rica’s distinct cloud forest wildlife.
The San Luis Canopy Tour also presents the Elevator, a thrilling feature that securely lifts visitors high above the forest canopy, granting a paramount view of the surrounding area. Though customer enjoyment is the main objective.
San Luis Canopy Tour ensure safeness above all as a keystone principle: all personnel and facilities carry up-to-date certifications from the Costa Rica Institute of Tourism.
San Luis Canopy takes pride in their credentials and by them guarantees with confidence that this tour is among the most professional, informative, and enjoyable in Costa Rica.
San Luis Canopy has 12 different zip lines and 18 platforms, plus their famous “Tarzan Swing Trails” and “Fly like Superman”.
- Día 5°. SAN JOSE - COUNTRY OF ORIGIN - Breakfast included in the Hotel. Transfer out. End Services.
•The price includes October 2019 - December 15, 2020. (does not apply at the end and beginning of the year and Easter)
•The price includes all specific ground services, NOT INCLUDING FLIGHTS.
•Hotels, a maximum of 36 hours are confirmed after the reservation, the hotels are 4-star category and can be the same or similar to the specific ones